Friday, July 26, 2013

busy summer days







It has been a busy summer! I haven't taken a day off in three weeks, and don't know if I ever will again, but it's good to be busy. I finished up a new batch of paintings (non of which are listed online yet) some of which will be heading off to the Fig House in Los Angeles for an inaugural show curated by the lovely and crazy talented, Danielle Krysa aka the Jealous Curator.

And I am making headway on eight commissions one of which measures four by six feet...quite a big guy in my tiny studio! You can see some of the pile up in the photos above. I love working on commissions because it gives me time to brainstorm ideas for my own work, which I should be getting back to in the fall. I am itching to make some abstract paintings...we'll see.

Happy late July!

xo
clare



3 comments:

linda said...

way to go Clare! I'm so happy to hear about your upcoming show ... here's to many more!

Clare Elsaesser said...

thanks so much linda!! xo

amandine said...

Wow your work is so beautiful and delicate! I love your sensitivity, it is very strong.
I would love you invited to view my work and give me your opinion :)
my blog :http://amandinezolidiary.blogspot.fr/