Thursday, October 13, 2011

i made a table



I made this table for under $200 with a 9 foot plank from an old cedar sinker log from the 1930's and a pair of vintage sewing machine legs. I spent a whole day sanding with a tiny power sander...and after I finished and my lungs were full of sawdust Kai went and bought a bigger and better sander to use for other projects. Thanks Kai :(

We stained and oiled the wood together with tung oil. I've never made furniture before, and I am pretty proud of my table, even though it is a little wobbly unless it's wedged in the corner.

It is my sewing, and print making table, and we are going to make another for me to paint on.

In the last photo you can see our driveway: to the left is my studio, the right our house, and down the stairs, Kai's studio. More photos in the next post!

2 comments:

lauren jean allece said...

I love this! I wish I had the space to a) make something like this and b) to put it

And I love that the legs say "domestic"!

Clare Elsaesser said...

i know lauren...i love the domestic legs. and it is super awesome to finally have space, and not feel like we're living in a closet!!