Tuesday, July 31, 2012

kai made us a headboard


Kai has been toiling over this headboard the last month or so on the weekends. It is nearly complete, (he is going to add some sort of wood element to cover up the lamp cords).
It is beautiful and shiny and made from reclaimed barn flooring, I believe. We estimate it weighs between two and three hundred pounds. I couldn't even lift a corner, and Kai dragged it in somehow harnessed over his shoulder...without injury! Please excuse the crappy sheets, it's laundry day.

5 comments:

lauren jean allece said...

This is spectacular! I love it!

Clare Elsaesser said...

Thanks Lauren :)

linda said...

gorgeous.! should be in a design magazine. wow, super handy hubby!

Clare Elsaesser said...

yes indeed linda! he is a very handy hubby :)

Helen Lowery said...

What a wonderful (and ambitious) project. It looks amazing! I'll have to share this with my handyman :)