Monday, June 20, 2011

summer countdown- rosy

I am not a big lipstick person because it generally makes my lips feel sticky, but this tinted lip gloss by Sweetpea & Fay is something I could totally handle. I want those lips! Does anyone have recommendations for tinted lip gloss, or not to sticky lipsticks? I would love to hear.
Also pictured above, the perfectly summery White Prairie Blouse by donkey + lemon, beautifully named Her Very Own Sea photo print by Caryn Drexl and sweet little painting from my new favorite series by Caroline of coolranchstudio, Wildflowers no. 12.

8 comments:

a girl and her bird said...

I really like Clinque chubby sticks, I don't normally spend that much on makeup but I heard loads of good reviews. It's basically tinted lipbalm so its not sticky or anything and doesn't dry your lips out like normal lipsticks! Leanne x

Clare Elsaesser said...

Wow, that sounds perfect Leanne! Thanks so much for the tip. I just looked them up on Sephora, and they come in really pretty colors too. I'm excited!

linda said...

hi clare - i'm with you - I can't stand sticky. My favorite is plain old carmex in the tube from the drugstore (no tint) but I'm addicted and can't be without it. It does enhance your natural lip color very well, moisturizes and gives a nice little sheen. Another one I like almost as well is 'Fresh' Sugar Lip Treatment, which comes in non-tinted and also a very faint Rose hue which is almost bare, but with a hint of color. It is more of a splurge purchase, but does last a long time.

Clare Elsaesser said...

I am a chapstick/ lip balm addict too Linda! The Sugar Lip Treatment sounds great though...I really like the idea just a hint of rose. I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

a girl and her bird said...

no problem, I've got the woppin watermelon colour, its lovely :o) x

Clare Elsaesser said...

That's the one I was admiring!! I bet it looks beautiful with your red hair Leanne :)

only daydreaming said...

I usually wear Bonne Bell Strawberry Lip Smackers. :)
But if I want to be fancy, I like Sonia Kashuk lip gloss that I bought at Target. Its not sticky at all the color is sheer. Pretty perfect and only about $8.00

Clare Elsaesser said...

Mmm, Lip Smackers! Those were my favorite for so long :)